I cannot believe I've lived here for almost ten years! Time flies when you're having babies. I put together this list for friends and family who come to visit. It's certainly not a comprehensive travel guide to the city - just a list of our go-to places and activities.
- Pike Place Market
- Fremont Sunday Market & the neighboring Ballard Market
- Seattle Art Museum, followed by lunch at TASTE
- Seattle Sounders!
On the water…
- Kayak or SUP on Portage Bay.
- Rent an electric boat and be your own captain
- Take the ferry to Bainbridge Island or Vashon Island
- Go to the beach in Madison Park or Green Lake
- Ride the Duck. Come on. You know you want to!
- Space Needle and Seattle Center
- Seattle Aquarium
- Ride bikes on Burke Gilman Trail (you can rent bikes here)
- Go for a hike in Discovery Park
- Olympic Sculpture Park, followed by lunch at The Old Spaghetti Factory
- Ride the monorail from Pacific Place to Seattle Center.
- Children's Theater. They put on consistently great performances.
- Tutta Bella Pizzeria on Sunday Nights (live music)