I just love all you adventurous families out there! This weekend I met yet another family who is planning a Paris séjour. I'm re-posting this list for them... and for anyone else dreaming of a life in Paris.
Parisian friends - am I missing any (good) bilingual preschools on this list? If so, please let me know! I would be happy to update the list.
Bilingual Montessori Schools:
- Bilingual Montessori School of Paris (3 locations, including one inside the American Church)
- École Montessori de Paris (bilingual)
- The Little English Montessori School (english only - no french!)
- Montessori La Baleine
- WI School - bilingual Montessori
Private / International Schools
- École Active Bilingue Jeannine Manuel (They have 2 maternelle locations: both in the 7th/15th arr.)
- ÉAB International (French is the language of instruction; so not “bilingual”. English taught according to ability – daily, but probably only an hour or so.)
- Living School
- Forest International School
- Lennen Bilingual School
- Petite École Bilingue / Stewart Int'l School
- Le Petit Cours
- The American School of Paris
- International School of Paris
- British School in Paris
- Bilingual School of Paris
“Bilingual” education means different things to different schools, so it's important to ask questions.
Often the English versions of French websites are not complete. Use Google Chrome and make use of the translate bar at the top of the page.
School schedules: Most schools are not in session on Wednesdays, though in some cases Garderie (childcare) will be available. School days are long (varies ~ 8:15-4:15) with a 1.5-2 hour lunch break. You can either bring your child home for lunch, or pay a fee for them to eat at school. We did a combo of both, but mostly my daughters ate at school. The food is really good and I thought it would be a good way for them to make friends.
Kindergarten in FR is considered Preschool = Grande Section (Maternelle)